|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT DONALD E. FELCH|
Chief Master Sergeant Donald E. Felch is the 12th Commandant of the Paul H. Lankford Enlisted Professional Military Education Center at the I.G. Brown Air National Guard Training and Education Center, McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base, Tenn. As Commandant, Chief Felch manages a staff of personnel who conduct education and training courses that accomplish the professional military education program directives of the Thomas N. Barnes Center for Enlisted Education and the Community College of the Air Force. He has overall responsibility for the Airman Leadership School, the Noncommissioned Officers Academy, and the satellite broadcast versions of both courses. More than 2,000 students per year receive professional education through these courses.
Chief Master Sergeant Felch began his military career in 1984, as an aircraft armament systems specialist. His background includes various assignments in armament systems, aircraft maintenance, logistics, and professional military education. He has served overseas in Guam, Turkey, Kuwait, and Iraq and supported Operations Northern Watch, Southern Watch, and Iraqi Freedom.
Prior to his current assignment, Chief Master Sergeant Felch was the Air National Guard Advisor to the Commander of the Thomas N. Barnes Center for Enlisted Education at Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base, Ala. As the Advisor, he provided guidance on Air National Guard issues involving policy, program, requirements and curriculum for all levels of enlisted education and professional development.
1987 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory course, Andersen AFB, Guam
1988 Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School, Andersen AFB, Guam
1998 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGhee Tyson ANGB, Tenn.
1999 Associate degree in Applied Science, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
1999 Academic Instructor School, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2001 Bachelor of Science degree in Organizational Management, Tusculum College, Greenville, Tenn.
2003 NATO Staff Officer Orientation Course, Fort McNair, DC
2003 Joint Planners Operations Course, Joint Forces Planning College, Norfolk, Va.
2004 U.S. Air Force Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2008 U.S. Air Force Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2009 Air Force Smart Operations 21 Senior Leader Course, Orlando, Fla.
2010 Keystone Joint Senior Enlisted Leader Fellow, National Defense University, Fort McNair, DC
1. November 1984 - April 1987, Aircraft Armament Systems Specialist, 49th Aircraft Generation Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
2. April 1987 - June 1990, Load Crew Member, Munitions Controller, 43rd Munitions Maintenance Squadron, Andersen AFB, Guam
3. June 1990 - November 1994, Load Crew Chief, 57th Aircraft Generation Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
4. June 1995 - November 1999, Lead Crew Member, 115th Aircraft Generation Squadron, Wisconsin Air National Guard, Truax Field ANGB, Wis.
5. November 1999 - January 2002, Professional Military Education Instructor, The I.G. Brown Air National Guard Training and Education Center, McGhee Tyson ANGB, Tenn.
6. January 2002 - September 2007, Air National Guard Aircraft Armament Systems Career Field Functional Manager, Andrews AFB, Md.
7. September 2007 - January 2011, Air National Guard Advisor to the Commander, Thomas N. Barnes Center for Enlisted Education, Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base, Ala.
8. January 2011 - Present, Commandant, Paul H. Lankford Enlisted Professional Military Education Center, McGhee Tyson ANGB, Tenn.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star device
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with bronze hourglass device
Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, Andersen AFB, Guam, 1987
Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School, Andersen AFB, Guam, 1988
Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGhee Tyson ANGB, Tenn., 1998
Magna cum Laude Graduate, Tusculum College, Greenville, Tenn., 2001
Meritorious Service Award, The I.G. Brown Air National Guard Training and Education Center, McGhee Tyson ANGB, Tenn., 2002
Distinguished Graduate, U.S. Air Force Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala., 2004
Director's Award, Noncommissioned Officer Academy Graduate Association, 2007
Air Force Sergeants Association
Air National Guard Noncommissioned Officer Academy Graduate Association
National Guard Bureau Statutory Tour Chief's Council
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic, June 28, 1984
Airman, Dec. 28, 1984
Airman First Class, Aug. 28, 1985
Senior Airman, June 18, 1987
Sergeant, June 1, 1988
Staff Sergeant, July 1, 1991
Technical Sergeant, June 1, 1998
Master Sergeant, July 1, 2002
Senior Master Sergeant, March 15, 2005
Chief Master Sergeant, Nov. 1, 2007
(Current as of February 2011)