Col. Timothy R. Guy is the deputy commander of the 115th Fighter Wing, Wisconsin Air National Guard, Truax Field, Madison, Wisconsin. As deputy commander he assists the commander in ensuring that mission objectives, policies, and operational directives are effectively executed within the wing. The 115th Fighter Wing operates the F-35A Lightning II as its primary weapons system, and is home to over 1,200 personnel authorized in direct support of this global mission.
The colonel entered the Air Force in May 2004 through ROTC at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and began his career in a variety of communications roles, including his assignment as the Director of Cyber Operations, Wisconsin Joint Force Headquarters, Madison, Wis. In 2015, Col. Guy attended the Advance Study of Air Mobility course, through the Air Force Institute of Technology at the USAF Expeditionary Center, Joint Base McGuire Dix-Lakehurst, N.J. In early 2018, he deployed to Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar as the deputy commander, 379th Maintenance Group. Upon his return, he held many leadership positions including Headquarters Chief of Staff, 128th Air Refueling Wing, and commander, 128th Mission Support Group, Milwaukee, Wis. Prior to his current position, Col. Guy was the mission support group commander, 128th Air Refueling Wing, General Mitchell Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
2004 Bachelor of Business Administration, Computer End-User Technologies, UW-Whitewater, Whitewater, Wis.
2005 Aerospace Basic Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2008 Masters of Business Administration, Management, UW-Whitewater, Whitewater, Wis.
2009 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Advanced Study of Air Mobility, USAF Expeditionary Center, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
2016 Master of Science, Logistics, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
2018 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. July 2004-February 2006, Project Engineer, 738th Engineering Installation Squadron, Keesler Air Force Base, Miss.
2. February 2006-July 2007, Officer In Charge Cable/Antenna Installation, 85th Engineering Installation Squadron, Keesler AFB, Miss.
3. July 2007-December 2009, Communications and Information Officer, 210th Engineering Installation Squadron, Minneapolis, Minn.
4. December 2009-December 2010, Communications Officer, Wisconsin Joint Force Headquarters, Madison, Wis.
5. December 2010-April 2012, Director of Cyber Operations, Wisconsin Joint Force Headquarters, Madison, Wis.
6. April 2012-August 2013, Commander, 128th Maintenance Squadron, Milwaukee, Wis.
7. August 2013-June 2014, Operational Execution Working Group Action Officer, Air National Guard Readiness Center, Andrews AFB, Md.
8. June 2014-May 2015, Integration Branch Chief, Air National Guard Readiness Center, Andrews AFB, Md.
9. May 2015-June2016, Student, Advanced Study of Air Mobility, USAF Expeditionary Center, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
10. June 2016-July 2017, Deputy Commander, 128th Maintenance Group, Milwaukee, Wis.
11. July 2017-January 2018, Headquarters Chief of Staff, 128th Air Refueling Wing, Milwaukee, Wis.
(January 2018-July 2018, Deputy Commander, 379th Maintenance Group, Al Udeid AB, Qatar)
13. July 2018-September 2020, Headquarters Chief of Staff, 128th Air Refueling Wing, Milwaukee, Wis.
14. September 2020-June 2021, Commander 128th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Milwaukee Wis.
15. June 2021- February 2023, Commander, 128th Mission Support Group, Milwaukee, Wis.
16. February 2023 – Present, Deputy Commander, 115th Fighter Wing, Truax Field, Madison, Wis.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Army Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with six oak leaf clusters
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with “N” Device and oak leaf cluster
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border and oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 15, 2004
First Lieutenant June 15, 2006
Captain Oct. 1, 2008
Major Nov. 29, 2012
Lieutenant Colonel Dec. 1, 2016
Colonel June 6, 2021
(Current as of September 2023)