Pre-requisites for Unit Pilot Training applicants:
Must be in good overall health
Must be a U.S. Citizen capable of obtaining a Top Secret security clearance
Must possess a bachelor's degree (or in last semester of earning a degree)
Must have taken and received the results from the following tests:
- Air Force Officer Qualifying Test (AFOQT)
- Minimum Scores Required: Verbal: 15, Quantitative: 10, Pilot: 25, Navigator: 10
- Pilot and Navigator scores combined must equal 50
- Test of Basic Aviation Skills (TBAS)Must have taken and received the results from the following tests:
- For information on scheduling this test, and getting a Pilot Candidate Selection Method (PCSM) score,
please visit the following website: http://access.afpc.af.mil/pcsmdmz/TBASInfo.html
Flying experience is a plus, but NOT required
Distant vision - corrected to 20/20 (uncorrected max is 20/70)
Near vision - uncorrected 20/25 (uncorrected max is 20/70)
Refractive error - No worse than -1.50 to +2.00
Astigmatism - No worse than 1.50 Diopters
Corrective Eye surgery bringing vision within the above limits MAY be waivered provided the surgery occurred at least one year in the past and had no complications.
Must be no more than 33 years old to begin flight training.
The next UPT hiring board will take place in February 2020.
Packets Due: 05 December 2019
Please include the following items in your application package:
1. UPT Cover Sheet
2. Cover Letter
4. Two most recent OPRs/EPRs if currently serving in the Armed Forces
5. Discharge records for any prior military service
6. Statement of Law Violations and Drug Use (see Cover Sheet)
7. Copy of college transcripts
8. AFOQT Scores
9. TBAS and PCSM Scores
10. Copy of Pilot's License
11. Letters of Recommendation (3 Max)
*OPTIONAL: Include a 1-3 minute video via a YouTube link introducing yourself, why you want the job, and why we should pick you to go through the pipeline to be a fighter pilot with the 176th Fighter Squadron.
Please send a hard copy UPT application packet and email the same application materials as a backup copy to:
ATTN: UPT Hiring Board/Recruiting
115th Fighter Wing
3110 Mitchell Street
Madison, WI 53704
Department of the Air Force does not exercise any responsibility or oversight of the content at external link destination.
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Department of Defense of linked web sites or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and morale, welfare and recreation sites, the United States Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. All links are provided consistent with the mission of this web site.